Technical Sales Executive
Our client is over 30 years old and has grown to become a leading force in Industrial Automation Technologies! Our client has been named on Forbes’ list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and has also been named one of Business Week's “1000 Best Valued Companies!
The Technical Sales training program is an opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. Sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit clients in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become a direct sales professional. Sales Associates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentoring. The training program begins with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months. While products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations. After successful completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be promoted, initiating the on-the-job training phase of the development program. Included in your on-the-job training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting from 4 to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and application training and develop your sales skills while you become responsible for customers in your own sales territory.
$45,000 Base Salary Plus Uncapped Commissions
1st Year On Target Earnings $70,000+
Laptop, IPad, Cell Phone, Mileage Reimbursement
Responsibilities and Duties
• Attend product and application training.
• Develop a thorough understanding of products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
• Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
• Satisfactorily complete mentorship program
• Provide technical consultation and service to customers.
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to client’s expectations and the challenges customers present
• Travel to customer locations three days/week & work successfully in a variety of manufacturing environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Four-year college degree.
• Interest and aptitude to master highly technical products.
• Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
• Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to our success.
• Engage in intensive training, mentorship and a pro-active, process- oriented sales approach.
• Abide by all company policies/procedures: professional dress code, punctuality, attendance & sales process policies.
• Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
• You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
• You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
• You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
• You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
• You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
• You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.